PARK SHELTERS CLOSED
Due to the recent Executive Order from Governor Walz, we are unable to rent our park shelters to more than 10 people from two households. We will update as restrictions are lifted. Updated 1/13/2021
The parks and recreation offices are located in the Mounds View Community Center, located at 5394 Edgewood Drive across the street from City Hall.
The City of Mounds View takes great pride in its park facilities. The parks and natural areas enhance the quality of life for Mounds View residents. If you would like more information about City parks click here.
The Parks and Recreation and Forestry Commission is a volunteer advisory group that provides recommendations to the Council relating to the development and improvement of parks and park facilities within the City. The Commission also makes recommendations to the City on all matters affecting the park and recreation programs. For more information click here.
The city of Mounds View has many beautiful parks for you to enjoy. We have park buildings and shelters that are available for rental, which ensures you will have exclusive use of the shelter. To rent a park shelter please contact the Mounds View Community Center. Shelters are reserved on a first come first serve basis.
Policies and General Guidelines for Shelter Rentals
- If your shelter is being used by another group show them your permit and explain that you have rented the shelter. If they refuse to leave please call non emergency police dispatch at 651.484.3366 for assistance.
- Rental of park shelter does not include exclusive use of park facilities.
- Electricity is not available at the shelters.
- The City of Mounds View is unable to provide additional picnic tables for the shelters.
- All waste and trash must be deposited in refuse barrels.
- Recycling containers are provided. Please recycle items such as cans, plastic bottles, and paper.
- Permit should be with the user while at the facility for proof of reservation.
- Do not deposit hot charcoal in refuse barrels.
- Parking is allowed at designated parking areas only. Vehicles are not allowed on the grass, sidewalk, etc.
- Dogs are allowed at parks, but must be on a leash and cleaned up after.
- Alcohol is not allowed in any of the City parks.