Recycling & Disposal
Each Minnesotan creates more than 2,000 pounds of garbage every year. When you avoid making garbage in the first place, you don't have to worry about disposing of waste or recycling it later.
Changing your habits is the key. Below are some links to get you started. You can also visit the Reduce.org website for information on ways you can reduce your waste when you shop, work and play.
- Community Power Grants are grants for schools or non-profit orgranizations that do waste reduction outreach projects.
- Backyard Composting
- It's in the Bag Plastic Bag Recycling
- Reducing Unwanted Mail at Home
- Reducing Unwanted Mail at Work
- Eureka Recycling Eureka Recycling is the only organization in Minnesota that specializes in zero waste.
- GardenMinnesota Plastic Flower Pots
- Do it Green! Minnesota is a group of over 100 volunteers that educate & motivate Minnesotans to live green.