**UPDATE**: Area J street rehabilitation is well underway, with utility improvements nearing completion and surface prep continuing within "Area 1" (Pleasant View Drive/ 84th Ave/ Pleasant View Ct). This work establishes the foundation for the curb and gutter and will continue into the first week of June.
"Clearing and grubbing" operations (tree/brush removal) throughout all project areas has been delayed. Exact project schedules are challenging as dates are subject to change based on weather or otherwise unforeseen project delays. For any questions or issues regarding construction, don't hesitate to contact the Project Hotline at 763-717-4055. Please also reference the project FAQ (link here).
We ask homeowners within the project Area J to:
- Remove irrigation, landscaping, etc. from ROW (reference this ROW Map or MapRamsey)
- Contact Public Works if applying for private improvement (tel: 763-717-4050)
- Protect construction stakes & markings
- Discard old mailbox post (& box) after removal
- Remove newspaper tube & attach to the new mailbox (mailbox location map)
- Check for notices around the front door
- Note that garbage service will not be affected
- Avoid driving through construction during paving operations & other critical work
- Area J Trail Plan
- MV Blvd trail extension and connection to Area J (map)
- Area J Tree Removal map (within ROW)
by following this link to a "StoryMap." This linked webpage provides all the current information surrounding this project and can be engaged by scrolling down or clicking on different sections by navigating the top ribbon options.
- A public information meeting was held on August 25th, 2021 for project Areas J and K with staff presentations and a Q&A session. Feedback and comments were welcomed through a public survey and other means of communication.
- The public feedback survey closed at 3:30 pm on August 27, 2021. Project comments and survey information will be compiled and provided to City Council for their consideration.
- On April 13th, 2022 a neighborhood meeting was held for the Area J street rehab project. Information surrounding the project was presented and provided an opportunity for homeowners to ask questions to engineers and construction personnel. Don Peterson, Director of Public Works, lead the presentation along with Q & A from residents. (click for video link)
COVID-19 Information: Masks are not currently mandated within Ramsey County; however, City Hall and all City buildings have posted signage requesting employees and residents consider wearing facemasks to help stop the spread of the disease. We ask anyone feeling ill or showing symptoms of fever, coughing, or shortness of breath to stay home. A recording of the meeting and all presentation material will be available on this webpage.