On May 22, 2023, the City Council approved a street rehabilitation project for the section of Pleasant View Drive located between County Road I and County Road H2. This street project will be in conjunction with the City of Fridley for they own Stinson Boulevard.
A neighborhood meeting for the project was held on May 24, 2023, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, in the Council Chambers of the Mounds View City Hall, 2401 Mounds View.
What will the project consist of?
10’ drive lanes will be installed to include an 8’ in width parking lane on the West section of the street with a 2’ foot reaction zone on the East section. The project will also include replacing the concrete curb and gutter on the East side and spot replacement on the West side. Also, a 10 foot wide shared use trail, placed directly behind the curb on the East side of Pleasant View Drive will be installed with the project.
As with past City street projects, the property owner is offered the opportunity to modify their driveway apron through the City's Private Improvement Program (PIP).
What is the Private Improvement Program?
The Private Improvement Program, or PIP, provides property owners an opportunity to have improvements to their driveway constructed as part of the Street Rehabilitation Project. The private improvements are limited to work within the Right-of-Way and consists of modifying (increasing/decreasing) an existing driveway apron width per City Code; and other modifications to existing non-conforming driveway aprons (setbacks, widths, multiple) subject to City policy. The cost for the private improvement will be paid entirely by the property owner and requires approval by the City prior to constructing the private improvement. Participation in the PIP is not required and is voluntarily. If interested in modifying your driveway apron, contact Community Development, 763-717-4020. (Deadline and the costs for the driveway modification PIP will be posted on this website soon.)
NOTE: T.A. Schifsky & Sons, 651-777-1313 is the contractor for this street project and will work with property owners within the project should they want to resurface their driveway.
Subscribe to Construction Updates!
Sign up for email updates and receive the latest project information.
To speak to the project inspector contact Brandon Brodhag at (763) 572-3554.
Construction Update from May 31, 2023
Construction Update from June 23, 2023
Construction Update from July 28, 2023
Construction Update from August 04, 2023
Construction Update for August 25, 2023
Construction Update for September 1, 2023
Construction Update for September 22, 2023
Project Information for Areas J and K
Click to review plans
What's happening on the Project?
The tentative schedule for the week of August 7th is as follows:
The tentative schedule for Area J Phase 2, which includes Spring Lake Road North of Mounds View Boulevard is as follows:
The contractor will continue punchlist items and site cleanup.
The tentative schedule for Area J Phase 3, which includes Mounds View Boulevard is as follows:
The contractor will continue working on site restoration.
The tentative schedule for Area K Phase 1, which includes Spring Lake Road between County Road I and County Road H2 is as follows:
The contractor will start site restoration at the beginning of the week.
The tentative schedule for Area K Phase 2, which includes Spring Lake Road between Hillview Road and County Road I is as follows:
The contractor will be continue preparing the edges of the road for curb and gutter. Curb and gutter and driveways are tentatively scheduled to be installed Wednesday August 9th. The contractor will set up a string line in front of all driveways on Tuesday August 8th, please do not remove it. If you need to access your driveway please contact the onsite project inspector or the contractor setting up the string line. Vehicles must be removed from driveways by 7am Wednesday. Concrete will need to cure for approximately 7 days, please refer to the concrete work notice for additional information on parking during this period.
Exact project schedules are challenging as dates are subject to change based on weather or otherwise unforeseen project delays. For any questions or issues regarding construction, don't hesitate to contact the Project Hotline at 763-717-4055. Please also reference the project FAQ (link here).
We ask homeowners within the project Area J to:
- Remove irrigation, landscaping, etc. from ROW (reference this ROW Map or MapRamsey)
- Contact Public Works if applying for private improvement (tel: 763-717-4050)
- Protect construction stakes & markings
- Discard old mailbox post (& box) after removal
- Remove newspaper tube & attach to the new mailbox (mailbox location map)
- Check for notices around the front door
- Note that garbage service will not be affected
- Avoid driving through construction during paving operations & other critical work
- Area J Trail Plan
- MV Blvd trail extension and connection to Area J (map)
- Area J Tree Removal map (within ROW)
Further details regarding this street project can be found by following this link to a "StoryMap." This linked webpage provides all the current information surrounding this project and can be engaged by scrolling down or clicking on different sections by navigating the top ribbon options. (IMPORTANT: Though the StoryMap asks for you to sign in, click the "cancel" button 2 different times and you then will have access.)
- "Area 1" (Pleasant View Drive/ 84th Ave/ Pleasant View Ct) received mailboxes, black dirt, and hydroseed in early August 2022, as the work in this area of the project concluded.
- A public information meeting was held on August 25th, 2021, for project Areas J and K, with staff presentations and a Q&A session. Feedback and comments were welcomed through a public survey and other means of communication.
- The public feedback survey closed at 3:30 pm on August 27, 2021. Project comments and survey information will be compiled and provided to City Council for their consideration.
- On April 13th, 2022, a neighborhood meeting was held for the Area J street rehab project. Information surrounding the project was presented and allowed homeowners to ask questions to engineers and construction personnel. Don Peterson, Director of Public Works, led the presentation along with Q & A from residents. (click for video link)
- On April 26th, 2023, a neighborhood meeting was held for the Area K street rehab project. Information surrounding the project was presented and allowed homeowners to ask questions to engineers and construction personnel. Don Peterson, Director of Public Works/Parks and Recreation, led the presentation along with Q & A from residents. (click for video link)