Free summer membership for high schoolers
If you’re starting grade 9-12 in the fall, you can take advantage of free membership at Twin Cities YMCAs this summer with the Get Summer program.
What you get
Y membership from June 1 through August 31, including access to:
- Access to 26 Y locations in the Twin Cities, Rochester and Hudson, WI – with just a single registration
- Gyms, where you can play hoops, volleyball and more
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Fitness Centers featuring weights, cardio machines and other workout equipment
- Group Exercise classes that help you build strength, speed and flexibility
- Nutritious meals (St. Paul Downtown, Mounds View Community Center, Southdale, Maplewood Community Center, West St. Paul, East St. Paul, Burnsville, Blaisdell, New Hope, Maplewood, Emma B. Howe, St. Paul Midway, Hastings)
- Leadership development, service learning opportunities, and career readiness
Check out where to find and how to use all these benefits in the Member Guide.
How to sign up
Get Summer Registration opens Tuesday, May 28 online and in-person. Registration closes Friday June14. In -person registration starts at 8:00am on Tuesday, May 28 at the Mounds View Community Center.
Register at ymcamn.org/getsummer
Before you can start using the Y, you need to attend an orientation session. Orientations will be set up at the time of your membership registration.
- Tour of your Y
- Review the Membership Code of Conduct
- Learn about schedules and programs available for the summer
The fine print
There are max of 400 free memberships per branch available this summer, so be sure to sign up early. If you’re currently a Y member, or have been a Y member within the last 60 days, you’re not eligible for a free Get Summer membership.
The Y would like to thank the Schulze Family Foundation for their generous contribution to help us provide a safe environment for young people to engage in programs that promote healthy living, build character and leadership, and support success in school and in life.
Teen Leaders Club
Edgewood Afterschool Program
Looking for an afterschool program for your Edgewood student? Sign up for Teen Leaders Club. Students are bused from Edgewood Middle School to the Mounds View Community Center where there are friends, fun and a focus on leadership development.
- Service Learning
- Leadership Development
- Field Trips
- Music Studio
- Gym Games
- MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!
Sign up at the MVCC or Edgewood Middle School.
Ages 11-18 (Photo ID Required)
Come and join us after school at the Teen Center. We will have tons of fun activities planned and you can hang out with your friends! Check it out!
- Video Games
- Fun Staff!!!!
Front Desk: 763.717.4040