Dog License Information
The City of Mounds View requires licenses for dogs over 6 months of age. All licenses expire on the same date and are good for 2 years (October 1st thru September 30th). Proof of rabies vaccinations are required for all dogs. Should you have questions, please call 763.717.4000.
If you have found or lost a pet in the City of Mounds View, please contact the Mounds View Police Department to file a report at 763.717.4070. Any animals impounded by the Police Department will be brought to:
Hillcrest Animal Hospital
1320 East County Road D Circle
Maplewood, Minnesota 55109
Here are some helpful tips for protecting your pet from adverse weather conditions:
During warm weather:
- Be sure your pet has access to shade and fresh water.
- Always be on the look for signs of heatstroke, such as-heavy panting, an increased heart rate and gasping for breathe.
- If you suspect you pet may be overheated, hose you pet down with cool water and call your veterinarian immediately.
- Do not exercise your pet during hot weather or leave your pet in a parked car (even on 65 degree days with the windows rolled partly down can lead to overheating)
During cold weather:
- Minimize your pet’s exposure to wind, ice and extreme cold.
- Make sure your pet has some form of shelter if left unattended.
- Animals can be very inquisitive-please make sure to keep chemicals (such as antifreeze), medications and plants out of harm’s way, even some human foods, especially chocolate can be toxic.
- For a further list of poisons and hazards you can go to www.aspca.org or if you suspect you pet has ingested something harmful please contact your veterinarian.
For local pet care please contact: Mounds View Animal Hospital 2625 Mounds View Blvd N.E. Mounds View, MN 55112, 763-780-8351
See Licenses below for Kennel License Application.