The Mounds View Public Works Department is responsible for the reliable and long-term operation, maintenance, repair, improvement, construction, and management of all municipal infrastructure involving:
- Drinking collection and treatment
- Wastewater collection
- Streets, trails, and right-of-way
- Stormwater conveyance, ponds, and treatment systems
- Parks and athletic facilities
- Buildings and grounds
- City owned vehicles and equipment
- Urban forestry
Public Works staff provide residents and businesses with clean drinking water, safe collection of wastewater, clear passageway of streets, reliable flood protection, beautiful parks, groomed athletic fields and recreational facilities, comfortable building spaces, and cost-effective, sustainable solutions for the long-term performance and delivery of these services. Click here for an overview of services provided by the Public Works Department.
The value of Mounds View’s current infrastructure easily exceeds $100 million. This value represents the cost in today's dollars to replace the entire public works infrastructure that currently exists. A vast majority of this infrastructure was originally built in the 1960’s and 1970’s. Therefore, it is imperative that periodic inspections, proper treatment, and performance monitoring is conducted to extend its useful life as long as practical.
Public Works is divided into three divisions:
- Operations & Maintenance
All divisions work closely together to ensure the infrastructure is reliable, efficient, and provides the lowest life cycle cost.
Public Works Administration
The Public Works Administration Division is responsible for department activities involving personnel, budgeting, policies and procedures, municipal code review, reporting, public communications, and administrative support to other public works divisions.
The Engineering Division is responsible for:
- Planning, design, and construction of all municipal infrastructure
- Mapping, surveying, and as-built records management
- Right-of-way management and permitting
- Pavement management
- Stormwater management
- Traffic and transportation engineering
- Grading and utility permits
- Coordinating projects with other government agencies
- Activities associated with park planning, building facilities, and forestry.
Permits (ROW, land disturbance, utility)
City Construction Projects - Please click here to go to the Area I street project website.
County and Regional Projects - For information regarding projects within the City of Mounds View, but not managed by the City.
Engineering Standards for Public Works Construction
Operations & Maintenance
The Operations & Maintenance Division is responsible for:
- Operating, maintaining, and repairing
- Municipal infrastructure
- Parklands, and associated equipment/facilities
- Fleet management
- After-hours and weekend urgencies
- Storm and disaster clean-up
To set up Water & Wastewater Utilities please call: 763.717.4014
2401 Mounds View Boulevard
Mounds View, MN 55112
Ramsey County Dispatch will contact on-call Public Works personnel
Ramsey County Public Works
For all concerns with the following roadways:
Silver Lake Road
Long Lake Road
County Road H
County Road I (East of Silver Lake Road)
Old Highway 8
Mounds View Boulevard
Director of Public Works
Public Works Supervisor